Looking for a particular topic?
The Starter Pathway
In this first section you will learn fundamental techniques of the harmonica, how to hold the harmonica, where the notes are located, how to breathe properly, going from hole to the next and a lot more. If you're a getting started or looking to go back to explore essential techniques and The Starter Pathway walks you through what you need to start building a solid foundation on your instrument.
Moving On Pathway
The intermediate courses are designed for players who have been playing for at least 3 years and are familiar with the layout of the harmonica. By the end of Level 2 you should be able to:
- Locate any note easily and fast throughout the octave
- Know basic major and minor scales
- Play the blues scale in different keys
- Read music sheet and understand chord symbols
- Play simple pop, folk or jazz tunes
- Play by heart diatonic arpeggios in all keys
The Improviser Pathway
This section concentrates on teaching jazz improvisation and advanced chromatic harmonica techniques. By the end of Level 3 a successful student should be able to:
- Improvise over jazz standards
- Learn improvisation concepts
- Develop a jazz repertoire
- Know the bebop scales in all 12 keys
- Play effortlessly in all tempo and in all 12 keys
I’ve been following the lessons in intermediate harmonica technique since I signed on two weeks ago. I’ve found them challenging, but rewarding. I’m progressing slowly because each night as I practice I go back to lessons I’ve completed before I take on a new lesson. I’m very pleased with the improvements in my playing in this short time.
Thank you Robby for the positive feedback! I’m glad hearing about your progress !!